Bill Gates said “everyone needs a coach”, and we tend to agree. Health Coaches are on the rise by demand. So why is this? In today’s age we’re leading super busy and reactive lives so that when it comes to the end of a year, when we get a second to stop to reflect what have we done we can be left feeling a little empty that the year has passed without any breakthroughs in personal goals we set out to achieve.
Many of us can spend the year feeling sleep deprived, stressed, fatigued or burnt out itching for the holidays just to sleep in that extra hour, or simply running through the year on adrenaline. Does this sound familiar at all? If it does, you're not alone - 80% of New Year's resolutions don't last past February 8th (yikes!).
This is the result of de-prioritising our health and wellbeing in our daily schedule, or, when we want to prioritise it, but don't know how to start, or don't have the right tools and support to build sustainable habits for a more productive and healthy life.
That’s where we come in.
A health coach will help guide you towards success in the area of health and wellness. As health coaches we are experts on human behaviour, motivation, and health. We help our clients set and achieve health goals and build new habits.
So what are the key benefits of a Health Coach?
1. A WHOLE LOOK AT HEALTH: ON + OFF THE PLATE As holistic health coaches, we look into all areas of your life to create true wellbeing - over the years we’ve learnt that there’s a lot more to good health than eating a salad and going for a run. “You can eat all the kale in the world, but if you don’t address the stuff on the inside, you won’t be healthy and happy” is a mantra that guides our approach. What we believe in is that in addition to movement, fitness and diet that sets someone up to ‘healthy,’ there are other elements such as mindset, career growth, relationships, sleep, financial health, lifestyle, and habitual behaviour that are integral to working towards wellbeing goals.
2. PERSONALISED SUPPORT & CARE
An ongoing support network is the point of difference between a short-term diet or fad, and a long term success - a health coach is there for you as a sounding board and knowledge base. When was the last time a health professional really listened to you? It’s the role of a health coach to truly get to know their client and their problem to provide advice based on their personal circumstances - this is a concept we refer to as ‘bio-individuality’.
3. LIFESTYLE CHANGES: LEARNING HABITS TO ACHIEVE LONG TERM GOALS
Small changes to daily habits really do make a difference. Through our personal experience we’ve created a framework that helps our clients navigate through the noise to pinpoint an area they need to focus on most. By focussing on the key area that will have the greatest impact for them, our clients are able to build sustainable habits.
4. ACCOUNTABILITY TO TAKE ACTION
“A goal without a plan is just a dream”. As your accountability partner, a health coach creates the blueprint to make your vision a reality. They will work with you along the day, and while they will not do it for you, through regular check-ins, assignments and support, they will help you get there. If you’re not sure where to start or what you want to achieve, a health coach will help you identify the goal that will have the greatest benefit to you.
Some of the more specific outcomes working with a holistic health coach can deliver are:
· Lose unwanted weight
· Be more attentive at work
· Not have to rely on coffee to feel energetic during the day
· Take less sick days
· Reduce stress
· Eat healthy
· Beat the 3pm slump
· Be motivated to work out
· Be more present throughout the day
· Understand detoxing
· Get rid of unwanted habits
· Remove yo-yo diets and create a sustainable way of eating
· Reduce fatigue
· Run 5kms
· Develop cooking skills
· Wake up earlier
If any of the above are something of interest to you, think about the support of a holistic health coach. You may ask yourself “is it worth it” when it comes to investing in a health coach or health coaching program. We want you to ask yourself what’s the cost if you do not?
AND/OR send us an email! If you want more information about our corporate programs or individual coaching sessions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org